- part of our planned inventory
- surplus of what is needed at any given time by the healthcare sector
- collected specifically for a client per their specifications.
BCA also provides consulting services to clients needing assistance with respect to the acquisition of biological materials and/or their distribution and associated logistics.
BCA Clients include:
|Hospitals||Clinical Labs||Pharmaceutical Companies|
|BioTech Companies||Cell Therapy Companies||Device Companies|
|Diagnostic Companies||Life Science Research Organizations||Universities|
Available BCA member products include:
- Blood and Blood Components. Blood components such as red blood cells, plasma, platelets, and cryoprecipitate are life-saving products inventoried by our BCA blood centers. Inventoried or in stock blood and blood products are collected and processed per typical specifications and volumes as described in the Circular of Information. Custom products can be collected and/or manufactured to meet client needs, specifications, protocols, and compliance requirements.
- Tissues. BCA brokers the acquisition and provision of tissues provided by members to Clients. Tissue Center members offer a complete line of Allograft bone, sports tissue and dermal tissue
- Cells. Most BCA members have the infrastructure, experience, and expertise to provide a wide variety of cell fractions selected from blood or tissue they handle ranging from the simple to complex, involving a wide range of protocols and devices. Cell counts or other characterizations can often be performed on-site to ensure quality control per client specifications.
About BCA Members:
Blood Centers of America members are deeply rooted in the communities they serve and understand the unique local blood needs and supply challenges. Each of our trusted member blood centers operates independently with unique capabilities. Yet all of our members share a singular priority: providing high-quality blood products for patients in communities both large and small.
BCA members create customized solutions that allow for better patient care and satisfied physicians. Our members do not take the one-size-fits-all approach that is typical of most national blood suppliers. Instead, they are committed to working with our customers to develop customized solutions that meet their patients’ unique needs.
Several BCA members are also cord blood banks and/or tissue centers. All BCA Blood Centers hold required FDA and state licenses; many hold various voluntary accreditations by AABB, FACT, and AATB. Several members comply with relevant EU and ISO standards. BCA works to match research and commercial customers up with the blood center(s) that can best meet their needs.
BCA members are uniquely qualified to provide products collected using strict cGMP and cGTP practices. BCA members have the experience, knowledge and facilities needed for compliant collection of blood, tissue and cell based materials for life saving therapies.
The BCA Advantage:
- Everything starts with a local focus: BCA member blood centers understand local markets and their specific needs, because they are local. Each blood center is part of the community, makes decisions on a local level and personally maintains local relationships.
- BCA member blood centers are independent, but supported by a broad national network: Each BCA member blood center is independent, which gives BCA centers the flexibility to serve customers based on what is needed in the local area. But each center is also supported by the broadest national network of member blood centers, which translates to an expansion of services, resources and cost savings for customers.
- High-touch, customized solutions: Many national blood providers take a one-size-fits-all approach. BCA operates differently. Each BCA member blood center is committed to meeting the unique needs of every customer with customized product and service solutions, including testing and clinical services, patient blood management, educational support and inventory management.
- Customer-focused: When it comes to customer service, BCA member blood centers are dedicated to an “above-and-beyond” mentality. Our blood centers exceed customer expectations with unmatched reliability for product and service support.
For more information about BCA’s capabilities please contact Gena Swisher.